Your wedding day is a special moment that you want to make unforgettable for both you and your guests. As a bride-to-be or wedding organiser, you know that every detail counts. Creating the perfect ambiance is essential in setting the mood for the dream wedding. And when it comes to ambiance, nothing sets the mood better than wedding candles.
Wedding candles are versatile, timeless, and elegant. They can transform a dull space into a magical one and create an intimate atmosphere that'll leave a lasting impression on guests. In this guide, we'll show you how to choose and use wedding candles to create the perfect ambiance for the big day.
Creating a Magical Atmosphere: Choosing Wedding Candles to Set the Mood for Your Dream Day
Wedding candles come in different colours, sizes, and shapes, and you want to choose candles that complement your wedding decor. If your wedding is rustic, use natural-looking candles, and if it's a beach wedding, use blue or green candles to match the ocean.
Regarding candles for your ceremony or reception, it's important to choose scents that match the season and the emotion of the day. For example, you could use cinnamon or pine for a winter wedding or floral scents for spring, citrus for a summer wedding.
Finally, think about the type of candles you want to use. Pillar candles are versatile and can be used for centrepieces or aisle decorations. Votive candles are smaller and work well as table decorations or in candle holders.
Dinner candles add height and elegance to your wedding decor and work well in candelabras or candlesticks.
Setting the Mood: Exploring the Different Types of Wedding Candles
There are four main types to choose from: pillar candles, dinner candles, votives, and tealights. Each type of candle has its own unique size, shape, and function, and can be used in different ways to create the perfect ambiance for the wedding day. The size, shape, and function of candles will vary based on the type of candle, the occasion, and the desired effect.
Choosing the right type of candle for your wedding depends on your theme, colour scheme, and the ambiance you want to create. Pillar candles, dinner candles, votives, and tealights are all great options for creating a magical and unforgettable wedding day.
Pillar candles are large and cylindrical in shape, and come in various heights and widths. They're versatile and can be placed as centrepieces, aisle decorations, or as part of a candle display. Pillar candles are great for creating a romantic and intimate atmosphere, especially when placed in groups of varying heights. They’re often placed as table centrepieces on candle plates or candelabras. Pillar candles have a great burn time, therefore, will last.
Dinner candles, also known as table candles or taper candles, are long and thin, and come in a variety of colours and sizes. They're often used for formal events such as weddings and dinner parties. They can be placed in candlesticks or candelabras to create an elegant and sophisticated atmosphere. These marvellous candles look amazing on wedding reception tables. They look really effective when mixed at different height sizes and displayed as a group.
Votive candles are small and cylindrical in shape, and come in glass holders. They're perfect for creating a warm and intimate atmosphere. These small candles are versatile in a variety of ways, such as table decorations, centrepieces, or as part of a candle display with pillars, dinner candles, and tealights..
Votives give off a stunning glow when featured on wedding dinner tables. They can be used on elevated surfaces such as mantles to add a touch of ambiance and create a cosy atmosphere. Votives are great on most surfaces, indoors or outdoors, and add a cosy touch to any space.
Tealights are small, round, and come in metal or plastic cups. They're perfect for creating a soft and romantic ambiance, and are often used in votive holders, lanterns, or as part of a candle display.
Tealights are commonly used as part of wedding decor to add a touch of light and ambiance to any celebration. They're a great way to add a little extra something to the room without being too over-the-top.
Consider where the candles should go in relation to other decor items, the size, and shape of the candles, and the flow of the wedding venue.
With the right candles and placement, you can create a stunning and unforgettable wedding that you and your guests will cherish forever.
Gifts that Spark Joy: Using Wedding Candles as Heartfelt Wedding Favours and Gifts
Wedding candles make great gifts and wedding favours that your wedding guests will love. You can personalise them by adding your names and wedding date or a special message. Here are some ideas for using wedding candles as gifts and wedding favours:
- Personalised Candles Wedding Favours: Give your guests dinner candles as wedding favours that they can take home and enjoy. Choose colours that match your wedding theme. Wrap in an organza bag and finish with some ribbon and a note for that special touch.
- Wedding Gift Candles: Give your wedding party or parents personalised dinner candles as a thank-you gift for being a part of your special day.
- Candle Favours for Weddings: Use small votive candles in glass jars as wedding favours that your guests can take home as a memento of your wedding day. You can also add a tag with a special message.
- Wedding Candle Gifts: Create gift baskets for your bridal party that include a candle and a special holder with a reed diffuser. You can add a matching small tin candle or some high-quality wax melts and a small note thanking them for being a part of your special day.
- Candles Gifts For All: Give your guests small tin candles as a thank-you gift for attending your wedding. You can choose scents and colours that match your wedding theme or opt for a more neutral scent that everyone will love.
Creating Stunning Candle Centrepieces on a Budget: Elevate Your Wedding Decor with Emotional Elegance
Creating beautiful wedding decor and centrepieces with candles doesn't have to break the bank. Here are some tips for creating stunning candle centrepieces on a budget:
- Candle Centrepieces Wedding: Combine candles with other budget-friendly items such as fruit, flowers, pinecones, or seashells to create unique and stunning centrepieces.
- Wedding Glass Candle Holders: Use glass jars, dinner candle holders or votive holders that you already have at home and fill them with tea lights, table candles or votive candles to create a romantic and intimate atmosphere.
- Wedding Table Decorations with Candles: Use pillar candles of different heights and sizes as centrepieces, and add some flowers or greenery to create a romantic and elegant look.
- DIY Wedding Candle Holders: Get creative and make your candle holders using Mason jars, wine bottles, or terrariums. You can customise them with greenery, flowers, ribbons, lace, or other decorations to match your wedding theme.
- Wedding Candle Ceremony: Incorporate vigil candles into your wedding ceremony by lighting a memory candle for loved ones who have passed away.
- Wedding Centrepieces with Candles: Use votive candles or tealights in glass jars or holders to create a stunning and intimate atmosphere on your reception tables.
- Wedding Aisle Candles: Use dinner candles in candle holders to create a magical and romantic atmosphere as you walk down the aisle.
Let Your Imagination Take Flight: Start Planning Your Dream Wedding Candle Ideas Today!
Wedding candles are an essential part of creating the perfect ambiance for your dream wedding. Whether you're using candles for decoration, centrepieces, or as gifts and favours, there are endless ways to incorporate them into your wedding day.
By following our expert tips and ideas, you can create a truly magical and unforgettable wedding day that you and your guests will remember for years to come. Let's start planning and creating the wedding of your dreams!
There are so many wonderful things to think about when planning a wedding, and at Shearer Candles we have some great tips and ideas to help you create the perfect day. Let's start planning today!