CANDLE FACTORY TOURS
Venture behind the scenes of our working candle factory by coming on one of our factory tours! Witness the different mesmerising production techniques perfected over our 122 year history as we manipulate masses of molten wax!
We invite groups of 6 or more adults to pre-book a candle factory tour and candle making workshop.
We charge £15 per head for our tour and workshop.
Our candle factory is based in Govan, Glasgow, and is operational Monday through Friday. Unfortunately we cannot offer tours over the weekend or on Friday afternoons.
Restrictions: Due to health and safety restrictions, we cannot allow children under 12 and those with physical access requirements into the factory environment.
WHAT TO EXPECT ON A TOUR
You will learn about our company’s long-standing history and our relationship with Glasgow. You’ll hear how candle making and the machinery we use has evolved over the years.
We’ll talk to you about fragrance, wax, wicks and vessels and you’ll see various machinery in action.
You’ll even get to have a go yourself and pour a candle to take home with you.
Tours typically last 1 hour.
TO BOOK A TOUR
To arrange a candle factory tour, please get in touch with the team using the following details:
Tel: 0141 445 1066
IF YOU’VE ALREADY BOOKED A TOUR:
To ensure your visit is as enjoyable, comfortable and safe, please read the following information carefully ahead of your visit.
Please arrive 15 minutes ahead of your tour so we can prepare you for entry into the factory.
We need you to be aware of the following:
We are a working factory make products for supermarket clients, as such we are audited to a food-safety standard. This means we require you to comply with the following during your visit…
- You will be asked to remove all jewellery for the duration of the tour, including watches, bracelets, rings, facial piercings, and necklaces. Plain wedding bands without stones are permitted in the factory area.
- If you can avoid wearing nail varnish, false nails and false eyelashes, please do. Those wearing false nails or nail varnish will be provided with gloves for the duration of the tour.
- We will provide a hair net for everyone attending, and beard covers for facial hair.
- We will provide high vis jackets for everyone attending.
- You will be asked to store your bags and other possessions (eg umbrellas) in a secure office for the duration of the tour.
- Please wear sensible, filled-in non-slip shoes – we cannot permit heels or open toed sandals into the factory. If you arrive in this footwear you may not be allowed on the tour.
- Please ensure your legs and upper arms are covered; i.e. do not wear sleeveless vests or shorts/skirts exposing bare skin – tights or leggings must be worn too
- Only BLUE plasters are permitted in the factory environment. If you are wearing a plaster not covered by clothing, please advise the staff on arrival and we can provide a blue plaster
- No food or drink is allowed in the factory
- Photography is not allowed in the factory
We remind you that the majority of our tour takes place in a working factory environment. Therefore it is not suitable for those with physical access requirements or children under 12 years of age.
We cannot allow children under 12, including babies, into the factory. Attendees aged between 12 and 16 must be accompanied by an adult. For children who look younger than 12 years old, we will ask you to sign an age declaration form for our own insurance purposes. If you arrive with a baby, you will not be able to attend the tour.
We cannot allow walking aids, scooters or wheelchairs into the factory or warehouse area.
We look forward to welcoming you to Shearer Candles and we hope you enjoy your tour.