Next week marks the start of our Itison Candle Factory Tours! For those of you who have managed to get your hands on tickets, here’s some useful information ahead of your tour.
We hope you’re looking forward to your tour of the Shearer Candles candle factory next week. Please remember to arrive in good time before your booked time slot:
IF YOU HAVE A GROUP BOOKING ALL BOOKED UNDER ONE EMAIL ADDRESS, PLEASE ENSURE YOUR FULL PARTY ARE AWARE OF THE FOLLOWING…
WHAT TO EXPECT:
- We will begin our tour with an introduction to Shearer Candles, including an insight into our 122 year history of candle making.
- You will then take part in a candle making workshop where you will get to pour your own candle to take home.
- We will then show you round the candle factory, talking you through each technique and fielding any questions you may have.
The majority of our tour takes place in a working factory environment; therefore it is not suitable for those with physical access requirements or children under 12 years old. We do not have anywhere secure to store pushchairs, accessibility scooters or wheelchairs.
Children under 12 years old are not permitted to enter the factory environment. Children between 12 and 16 years old must be accompanied by an adult.
PLEASE ALSO NOTE:
As we are a working factory, we ask you to be aware of the following prior to your visit:
– No jewellery must be worn in the production and warehouse areas with the only exception being a plain wedding band. If you arrive wearing jewellery, you will be asked to remove this for the duration of the tour. We do not have anywhere secure to store this for you, and cannot take responsibility for any items left unattended.
– Please wear sensible, filled-in, non-slip shoes (no stilettos please!)
– We cannot allow walking aids in the factory area.
– No nail varnish, false nails or false eyelashes are permitted in the production or warehouse areas. Visitors with nail varnish or false nails will be provided with disposable gloves for the duration of the tour.
– Hair nets and beard covers for long facial hair must be worn at all times in the production and warehouse areas; these will be provided on arrival.
– Only BLUE plasters are permitted in production and warehouse areas. We will ask you to replace any other plasters on arrival. Loss of plasters must be reported to management.
– No food or drink is permitted in production areas.
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to get in touch with us using the following details:
Email: [email protected]
Tel: 0141 445 1066
We look forward to seeing you next week!