The most anticipated day of February is almost here… no, not Valentines Day, Pancake Day! We can’t wait to indulge in the fluffy treat, and February 28th gives us the perfect excuse to! Want to mix things up and try something different this year? Try out these super easy and tasty recipes inspired by our favourite candle scents:
Vanilla and Coconut Pancakes
Not only is our Vanilla & Coconut scent delicious, but it also works well in this tasty recipe!
1 egg beaten | 1 cup self raising flour | 8 tablespoons desiccated coconut | 1 teaspoon baking powder | 20g butter | 1 cup milk | 1 teaspoon vanilla extract (Makes 6)
1. Crack an egg into a mixing bowl. Fill a cup with flour, and add to the bowl along with the baking powder. Fill a cup with milk and add that in too along with a pinch of salt. Use a whisk to mix it all together until it becomes smooth, then add in the desiccated coconut and vanilla extract to give it that creamy burst of flavour.
2. Get a frying pan on a medium heat and place half of the butter in the pan. Once melted, spoon the pancake batter into the pan. Cook the pancakes for 1–2 minutes, until bubbles appear on the top. Using a spatula, flip them over carefully and continue to cook until they are a golden brown colour.
3. Put cooked pancakes to one side on a plate and cover with foil to keep warm. Repeat step 2 until all batter is used up. Finish off by adding your favourite toppings, tuck in and enjoy!
Raspberry & Oatmeal Pancakes
Celebrate the coming launch of our new Rhubarb & Raspberry scent with these berry-licious pancakes! Not only are they super tasty and perfect for Spring time, but have an added dose of fibre, so you can enjoy guilt-free!
1.5 cups flour | 1 tablespoon sugar | 1 egg beaten | 3/4 cup oats (uncooked) | pinch of salt | 2 tablespoons butter | 2.5 teaspoons baking powder | 1.5 cups milk | 1 cup raspberries (serves 4)
1. Whisk together the oats, flour, sugar, salt & baking powder in a bowl together. Separately, whisk the milk, egg and melted butter together. Add both bowls together and mix until combined. Now the fun bit, mash up the raspberries (messy!) and add them into the mixture.
2. Put a frying pan on a medium heat and add a tablespoon of butter. Once melted, spoon the pancake mixture into the pan and cook the pancakes for 1–2 minutes until bubbles appear on the top. Using a spatula, flip them over carefully and continue to cook until they are a golden brown colour.
3. Serve with additional raspberries and enjoy! A delicious treat for breakfast, lunch, and maybe even dinner!
This zesty fruit is not only popular in our Natural Spa Zest Candle, but is also a favourite for pancakes! Try it out for a burst of flavour.
400ml milk | 110g caster sugar | 250g plain flour | 2 eggs, beaten | 1 tablespoon baking powder | 1 tablespoon butter | zest and juice of 1 lemon | icing sugar
1. Combine the milk, sugar, flour, eggs, baking powder and lemon together and whisk until a smooth batter is created.
2. Melt the butter in a frying pan on a medium heat. Add a ladle of batter to the pan and cook for 1-2 minutes until bubbles appear on the top. Flip over with a spatula and cook until golden brown.
3. Repeat until all batter is used up. Serve dusted with icing sugar and an extra squeeze of lemon for a delicious refreshing snack!
Bon appetite! Share your photos and your best pancake recipes with us #ShearerCandles @ShearerCandles